Image hosting by Photobucket


Life ain't always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride...

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Last day of basketball

This concludes our summer activities. On to getting ready for school. Bedtime routines,backpack shopping,planning lunches (any tips on sending lunch to school with a very picky 5 year old would be appreciated)
And as i type this i just heard the school bell ring for the first time all summer. Maybe its a sign that i will enjoy the school year. I really don't want them to go back. I enjoy having my kids home all day. I miss them when they are gone.
I am not nervous or worried for JJ. I am so excited for her. She loves school,always has. Shes going to have a little extra going on this year. She is in the honors program and wants to join the chior. Should be lots of fun for her.
Its G i worry about. I worry about kids teasing him because of his glasses, i worry about him not eating his lunch because he gets frustrated easily if he can't get a package open. Hes also a slow eater. Always has been. I know that he says he wants to go to the *big* school with JJ and hes excited but he said the same thing about the dentist and you read how that went *rolleyes*.
So this brings me to the fact that we don't find out which teachers they get untill the Friday before school starts. This really irritates me. I am supposed to send my 5 year old to all day kindergarten(which i am against in so many ways) to a school hes never attended, with a teacher hes never met and kids hes never seen before.
Am I the only one that sees this as not an ideal situation? Last year JJ cried the 1st day of school. It was a brand new school with all new friends to make and a teacher she didn't meet untill then. Can you imagine how my 5 year old might react?
I know that everything could go smoothly and he will fit right in and love school from the beginning. I know my child and my guess is that hes not going to want us to leave him on that 1st day.

Posted by Misti :: 2:29 PM :: 4 People having fun

Post a Comment

------Image hosting by Photobucket------