Image hosting by Photobucket


Life ain't always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride...

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I thought the art of sign language was lost....

He is now using signs in the right context. He asked for milk today by signing. I was so happy to add another sign to the list. Others include eat, more and bird.
Bird is his favorite. He sits in his highchair and signs bird. See we have what I call the "mating wall" outside our kitchen window. Birds are mating on that wall every damn day. I noticed that the bird sign is also used when he sees a dog, a cat, a horse, a cow and about any other animal for that matter. So I am working on the correct signs with him. Tonight we saw a cat, so I did the kitty sign. He looked at me, shook his head NO and did the bird sign.
So if its an animal its a bird to him. Its all good, I am just happy that he has decided to sign. My other boys were using sign lanuage alot more at this age. I really thought the art of sign language was lost with him.
IMG_6300
But he's getting it. Thank goodness, theres nothing worse than a frustrated toddler trying to communicate and a frustrated mommy that doesn't understand.

Posted by Misti :: 10:02 PM :: 9 People having fun

Post a Comment

------Image hosting by Photobucket------