Image hosting by Photobucket


Life ain't always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride...

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Realizing its been over a year.


When we decided to move from San Diego to Phoenix it was in the cards that I wouldn't have the crazy schedule I had had for years. I would get to be mommy,only mommy. With baby T on his way, it was nice. No stress over who would watch my daycare kids while on leave, no going back to work when baby is 2 weeks old.
The best part of it all is I am not in the car 4 hours a day taking kids here and picking them up from there. I don't miss the 3 extra kids running around the house 5 days a week or the extra 15-30 kids at the daycare every morning and some nights.
I am not sure I could go back to doing daycare or being a nanny if I had to. It worked out great for the 12 years that I did it but it was time to move on,time to say goodbye to that part of my life. I sometimes think about the kids and wonder who is walking,talking now. Who has started school, learned to read and tie their shoes. I loved the kids and liked my co-workers. I do miss chatting with them every morning but my time was up and I was ready to open another door to a whole new adventure.

That adventure was a rollercoaster of emotions for 4 months. In that 4 months I started to think negative things and started to regret our decision to move away from friends and family. After 4 LONG months Mr. Fun was finally able to join us in our new house and new life. He was home and not going back. This is when friendships started to develope and I finally started loving my new state I hope to hear my kids call *home* one day. This adventure I am on is only getting better as time moves on. So I now know that just because one door closes doesn't mean with effort,a positive additude and prayer, you can't open the door next to it.

Posted by Misti :: 12:00 AM :: 3 People having fun

Post a Comment

------Image hosting by Photobucket------