Image hosting by Photobucket


Life ain't always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride...

Monday, September 05, 2005



Technology has passed me by


I wanted a bigger memory stick for my camera. So while on vacation in San Diego I bought my first. I put it in and to my horror, a dinging sound with an error message. It must be the stick, so i take it back. I buy another one, the same size and get the same horrible dinging noise and error message. I take that one back. Fast foward to Saturday. Costco has a 512mg stick. Mr. Fun buys it. And again the dinging. I just want to pull my hair out.
Instead I got online and realized after looking on ebay that my sticks say media and all the new ones say PRO or PRO media. That leads me to sony.com. That is where i found out my 2002 camera is no longer worthy of the technology of today. I am stuck in the stone ages with only two 64 mg memory sticks and a 128 mg stick floating around somewhere in the Fun house.
Many thoughts of a new camera are dancing around in my head. I have a few that I want to look at but not the funds for any of them. Sure I could sell my camera on ebay to help fund the new one but really, who is going to want a camera you can't walk into a store and buy a memory stick for? I wouldn't feel right selling it.
One online friend said I should set up a site with my work asking for funds for my camera. I personally could not do something like that. Even if Hurricane Katrina hadn't hit. Its just not my style. But oh the thought of a new camera sure does have me brainstorming ways of getting my hands on one. I have clothes I could list on ebay but i already decided to donate them to the victoms who are staying here in the valley.
I guess we'll see what Santa leaves under the tree and go from there.
I mean really?? My camera is only 3 years old and I am stuck taking only 20 good pictures at one time. Any photogragher knows that just isn't enough.
I am a instant gratification kind of gal. I hate waiting for anything ;-)
So what do you do when you want a new toy and can''t get it right away?

Posted by Misti :: 10:59 PM :: 10 People having fun

Post a Comment

------Image hosting by Photobucket------